Sunday, November 22, 2009

Maybe an Exercise Bike Will Help With My Crosstraining Goals?

It's about that time of year when my parents and boyfriend ask me what I want for Christmas. I usually don't know what to tell them, but this year something has actually caught my eye. Exercise bikes! I have been looking over the fitness exercise bikes on the Sam's Club website and they have got some really great options to choose from including: recumbent bikes, upright exercise bikes, and magnetic exercise bikes.

One of the main reasons why I haven't really been exercising much is because my foot and my leg have been absolutely killing me. When I first started my marathon walking schedule, one of the main things that was made very clear to me was that I needed to balance my walking with crosstraining. I know that I am supposed to crosstrain, but I didn't and now my foot and leg are feeling the consequences. For the past month I have only been able to walk once a week.

I really don't want to go to the gym during the flu season, and so I think that the next best thing would be to get my own exercise equipment at home. An elliptical trainer seems like too much work for my injured foot and leg, so maybe an exercise bike would be the best way to maintain my cardiovascular stamina while my foot is healing. What an excellent way to get in my crosstraining!

In fact, the Sam's Club website has a variety of different fitness exercise bikes for a pretty decent cost. I really like the recumbent bikes with the upper body workout capability, because it's an additional way to increase my heart rate so that I do not fall behind in my cardio as I am trying to heal my leg. The upright exercise bikes with the handles that look like the elliptical trainer handles also look like they would give my flabby arms a workout challenge, and the magnetic exercise bikes that have the heart rate monitor look pretty enticing to me as well!

The bikes can be easily ordered and delivered by the Sam's Club website, so there is no hassle with dragging a heavy bike home from the store. If my parents or my boyfriend is reading this post, "hint hint", I sure hope that in the next month or so I wake up to a big present that has spinning wheels with a nice red bow on it!

You can check out some of the fitness exercise bikes on the Sam's Club website for yourself by clicking here. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin