Thursday, September 3, 2009

National Yoga Month

The month of September is National Yoga Awareness month! There are so many health benefits to yoga-stress relief, flexibility, pain management, diabetes control, and so many other health benefits! Yoga is most definitely something that I have tried a number of times and I love it, yet I haven't practiced yoga as much as I should over the years. I am going to commit to going back and taking yoga lessons this month!

Over at yogamonth.org you can find participating yoga studios who are offering a free week pass to take yoga classes! What a GREAT offer! Head on over there and see if there is a yoga studio in your local area who is offering free classes. The yoga studio near my house charges $15 a class, so this is a great opportunity to take some free yoga classes if you are already a yoga fanatic, or to try out your first yoga session free of charge. The site also has lists of free yoga events throughout the country.

Remember--despite all of the pictures of people practicing yoga who are contorted into all sorts of crazy positions, yoga is a great type of exercise for all fitness and weight levels!

Tell a friend and spread awareness!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! I am going to check it out. My brother-in-law and his wife are yoga teachers and are currently teaching in China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yoga. I practiced it religiously for about three years and then I let it go. The problem for me was that I became very attached to my teacher and she stopped teaching. I tried class after class and didn't find one I liked half as much, so I simply stopped going.

    Maybe it's finally time to try again. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin