Tuesday, December 29, 2009

End of the Year Reflections

I've been offline for a while, having also fallen off the wagon, and since then I have learned something during my quest towards being healthy:

I have depended too much on other people to exercise with me and eat healthy with me. For a couple of months my boyfriend would walk with me almost every day and would eat healthy food with me. Then he hurt his back. After that he had some family issues that he attended to, so he was unable to walk with me. There were actually weeks that I only saw him maybe once a week, so I wasn't able to eat very healthy with him. And what did I do when he was unable to walk with me? Well, I just didn't walk.

Over the past couple of days I have been thinking that I have got to learn to just exercise by myself and not depend on anyone else to help me lose weight. I've got to do it alone. If someone happens to be free at the moment and is able to walk with me, then that's great. But if not, I still need to do it on my own.

So for the past three days I have finally dragged myself out alone to walk and although it is not my ideal way of exercising, it's something that I am going to have to get used to because I think that my boyfriend is sick of walking with me and wants to resume his own workout routine.

So that's my reflection for today-I have a ton of other reflections, but I will blog about them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin