Monday, May 28, 2012

Getting Back on the Healthy Track

I'm happy to announce that I have been doing pretty well with my health for the past couple of weeks. One morning I woke up and I just couldn't take it anymore. I looked at myself in the mirror and I just couldn't tolerate how much weight I have gained. I huffed and puffed putting my clothes on in the morning and walking from the car to work, and I decided then and there that something needed to change in my life. I decided to get back on the wagon again and start anew.

I first started with walking for about 20 minutes, which then increased to walking 30 minutes, then to 45 minutes, and now about an hour. I even bought new walking shoes this weekend. I also went back to the gym and tried out the elliptical machine, starting first with 20 minutes and then 30 minutes the last time that I have used it. I've really only used it a couple of times, but I am looking forward to trying to push myself to stay on it for at least 45 minutes a couple of times a week.

I've walked in the morning a few times before work and I noticed that I had a noticeable difference in my energy level. Last week I started to get really bad PMS and I felt horribly bitchy. However, the more that I walked and got on the elliptical, the bitchiness went away. PMS was pretty much tolerable this week, and for the first time in a long time my bitchiness was minimized and my energy levels weren't as low as they usually are during times of PMS. I'm so proud!

I started to try to go to bed early on a couple of days, but on certain days I stayed up pretty late. Even though I went to bed late, however, I have been waking up super early in the mornings-at least an hour and a half, sometimes even two hours, earlier than I normally wake. Waking early is pretty significant because I am NOT a morning person, yet I've been laying in bed very early in the morning. Obviously I know that is has something to do with exercise.

I'm not doing as well as I could with healthy eating, but I have definitely been cutting back. I am trying to be more conscious with what I am eating and I am trying to make healthier food choices. I am going to commit to making small changes here and there that in the long run will add up. My goal this week is to not have any sodas or juices and I plan only on drinking water or unsweetened coffee or tea. Along the way I am going to make other good decisions about food, but I am going to commit to sticking to the no soda or juice rule on Monday through Friday. (I go to Las Vegas on Saturday, so I will reevaluate my soda/juice rule then and I will allow myself to make not so good of a choice then. Maybe I will get lucky and decide to stick with the rule on my Vegas trip).

I'm feeling very positive and good about the past couple of weeks and I look forward to even better healthy lifestyle choices that I will be taking!

8 comments:

  1. Good show, Walking Queen, nothing like starting NOW. Takes a good head and the right attitude to do it when you say you'll do it. And you've succeeded in shedding negative feelings along with some weight, and gaining some good habits into the bargain.
    Carry on with the program towards wonderful natural health and beauty.
    I would love to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking for a couple of minutes per day will help you shed those extra pounds. Enjoy the beauty of outdoors while you exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyday I always spend about 30 minutes to walk. With doing it I feel healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite an interesting post. Well, a strong goal is the golden key to succeed in your exercise or fitness program. Some may find it difficult to lead a healthy life. In some cases, people exercise because of distress. But as soon as they get over it, they’ll go back to their old habits, which usually do not coincide with a healthy lifestyle. Anyway, thanks for sharing this. They are very helpful, and they remind me to set my own goals so I can succeed in being fit. :)

    Audie Tiller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone serious about health and weight loss should eliminate sugar from the diet altogether and try to stick to complex carbohydrates. Small amounts of regular exercise is far better that going over the top, getting tired and leaving it too long before the next session.
    Remember, enthusiasm gets you started, habit keeps you going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was in College, I used to be 10 times heavier. After using the supplement that effectively works for me- for few months there's a big difference. Anyway thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting back to healthy lifestyle is really challenging, I have been into my full time job from 4 years and it took 3 months for me to get back on track when I joined GYM again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each solution pill we offer conveys its best. Regardless of whether Adderall or Hydrocodone, regardless of what you request, each progression taken with us is acceptable and you can make certain to treat your malady or turmoil. Make a stride further by requesting any of your pills online on our site.
    Buy Adderall from our site and get 25% off

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin